One of the most crucial tasks in your life is hiring caregiver staff. Your loved one's well-being depends on your ability to hire the right person or team.
It is essential to have a solid philosophy about your care goals for your loved ones. You can choose the best and reliable caregivers for your elders from traditionshhs.com/private-nursing-care.
These are the fundamental cornerstones of caregiving:
3. Alleviate Suffering
We will be discussing ‘Dignity’ in detail
Your loved one may lose their ability to do what they want due to illness or aging. They must accept being assisted. An elderly person who is frail cannot ignore an inflicting person while they are helping them to the toilet. This can be a serious blow to the person's dignity.
It is important to pay attention to how potential servants interact with your loved ones when you are looking for caregivers. These are signs that a caregiver is threatening dignity:
1. Failing to express your love for your loved ones.
2. Listens but does not listen. They only pretend. They will not be able to tell you what they just said moments before.
3. Failing to allow your loved ones to finish their sentences before you cut them off verbally.
4. Even though your loved one hears fine, you should speak loudly.
5. Without permission, use irreverent nicknames like "honey", or "mamma",
6. Your loved one will speak to you like a pet. You may have had some experience as a pet sitter.
7. Never sit with your loved one at the same level. Always stand above them.